14 October 2019

Cue Frank Sinatra... and now the end is near

OK, I've come to the end of my patience,
I can no longer put up with the continual spam and phishing emails
that blogging attracts like cockroaches,
because that's what these 'people' and bots are.
Their unintelligible garbled messages never reach our pages
because they are caught in the blogger's 'Awaiting Moderation' files,
but that's not the point.
The point is... that people like myself who don't post as often as we used to,
and return to post only sporadically,
leave our site open, in more ways than one.
It's sad that ordinary people aren't able to just reach out and share now and then
without the constant worry of 'is my site safe?'
To the people who are still posting regularly, fantastic, keep going,
but I really don't need this unease every time an email shows it's 'Anonymous'
even though I only ever open them in blogger
never in my emails!
So I need to either close completely
or find out how to allow only certain people to view,
probably the former.
So I'll say
and

   




1 comment:

  1. Oh! Dear! No! What a Shame..! :(.

    You know..l must very lucky..l'm not the
    original author of my Blog..It's really
    just a one off..That was my intention from
    the beginning..and l got nagged, and nagged
    over it..But! NO! that's it..But! some years
    ago, my daughter thought it same to show me
    how to Copy and Paste...oooooO! Dangerous! :o).
    So over a period of time, l've managed to change
    a few things, and just lately, l found out how
    to Copy and Paste..GIFs..so 'lve replaced some
    photos/pics..ALL..by myself..with some! :).

    So the point l was gonna make is..l don't and
    have never had spam..(joke there somewhere)..etc..
    I get about 3~4 Junk mail a week..that's all...
    I think it's all due to..not doing social media,
    l don't buy/sell on line, no one has my e~mail Add.
    except friends and family...!
    Doctor/Dentist/Water/Gas/Electric etc don't have it..
    AND..Never will..! Although they ask..I don't give it
    to them..! Tough!

    This was one song l used to sing at the end of the night,
    at a summer holiday camp, l did a summer season at.....HeHe!
    Oh! Dear!
    My Way...
    And now, the end is near
    And so I face the final curtain
    My friend, I'll say it clear
    I'll state my case, of which I'm certain
    I've lived a life that's full
    I've traveled each and every highway
    But more, much more than this
    I did it my way..
    (there is more)...

    It's upsetting saying this to...'Thankyou' and
    'Goodbye'...:o). God Bless...!
    ´*•.¸(*•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´ ´*•.¸(*•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to visit and comment ♥
I don't open Anonymous comments as they are always spam!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...